Track Meet 2019

Hi, it’s hmsmarim,

Every year, our school goes to Wahiawa to compete in a track meet against Our Savior Lutheran, Saint Mark, and Trinity Lutheran. We get to pick or events which are either 40-yard dash, 60-yard dash, 80-yard dash, 100-meter run, 200-meter run, 400-meter run, 800-meter run, Relay races (boys, girls, Co-Ed). The Field Events are Shuttle Run, Ladder Ball, Corn Hole, Standing Long Jump, Running Long Jump, Football throw, Softball throw, and Hurdles.

This year I did the 200-meter run, Co-Ed Relay race, Hurdles, Standing Long Jump, and the Shuttle Run. Usually, I do the 100-meter run, Co-Ed Relay race, Hurdles, Running Long Jump, and Ladderball, but this year, I changed it, so I could get a good experience. Our track meets are really fun because you can have a fun time with the other school and competing against your friends. Our track meets are different from other ones, we have grades 5-8 grade competing and in different states, they have it in high school.

So far, every track meet that I’ve been to, it eventually rains and then stops after like 3 minutes. It’s usually a hot day, but it can also be cool. We have to drink lots of water because of how hot it is. Somehow, every year, a tent goes over the bleachers. We get to bring a small snack because we are at the track meet for about 3-4 hours, so we get hungry after a while.

Positive thinking methods

Some events in track

That’s it for today!

hmsmarim